turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

juckeke

Good afternoon, On the IRS website I'm getting a message that says topic 152. What does that mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DaveR1

Good afternoon, On the IRS website I'm getting a message that says topic 152. What does that mean?

According to google search: Topic 152 is purely informational. It shows up when the IRS has pulled your return and it's in progress. When they've finished, your status will change to approved and an estimated direct deposit date will appear.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Did you receive your return in a timely fashion or was there some issues?
juckeke

I received my refund on time

Oh thank God. So that's just some sort of generic message they send then correct?

Did it also say "your tax return is still being processed, refund date will be provided when available."
gspears81

Have anyone got there refund that had the tax topic 152 code I’m still waiting

It should give you a date in a few days because they are working on it. If you dont Id check up on it after 21 days if you call they will tell you to call back after 21 days.
gspear81

Stop worrying it’s coming my status changed this morning deposit date 3/14 I filed 1/26 they receive it 1/29 lost all bars with a tax topic code 152
marc0425

It's been more than 21 days topic 152
DaveR1

According to google search: Topic 152 is purely informational. It shows up when the IRS has pulled your return and it's in progress. When they've finished, your status will change to approved and an estimated direct deposit date will appear.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies