turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ck3

I recently efiled my 2017 taxes with a preparer. When should I expect that refund?

I also efiled my 2018 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I recently efiled my 2017 taxes with a preparer. When should I expect that refund?

That would be a great question for the preparer.    

Ive found that my clients 2017 returns that are being E-filed now, have been arriving in less than 3 weeks with direct deposit.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Replies

That would be a great question for the preparer.    

Ive found that my clients 2017 returns that are being E-filed now, have been arriving in less than 3 weeks with direct deposit.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ck3

He told me a week but I recieved my 2018 today and not the 2017 so I was just curious. When I called the irs to see if they could help me out with understanding the man was rude so I just hung up the phone. But thank you for your help

First, a note to anyone else reading this: Paid preparers can e-file a past year return but Turbotax cannot, so don't ask 🙂

I don't think the IRS gives guidance on refund timing for past years.  My guess is that they will prioritize current year returns (which they say they pay 90% of refunds within 21 days) so it might be 4-6 weeks.  But that's just a guess, I don't think they actually say what their schedule is.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies