• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvkitts17

Filed my 2020 Taxes yesterday, but forgot to add my IP PIN number. How can i do add that since it says "you filed your 2020 taxes" and there is no way to edit.

How do I edit my taxes now that it's already filed?
3 Replies
xmasbaby0
Level 15

Filed my 2020 Taxes yesterday, but forgot to add my IP PIN number. How can i do add that since it says "you filed your 2020 taxes" and there is no way to edit.

MY RETURN IS IN PENDING—what does that mean?

Did you e-file?  Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”  If so, your return is now in “pending” on a server.  Do not try to change anything while your return is in pending. If your return is rejected you will be able to make corrections before re-filing.

The IRS will not be accepting/rejecting 2020 returns until Friday, February 12, 2021.  You need to watch your emails for the acceptance/rejection notice that may take until mid-February or later to arrive.   And watch your spam folder too.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

A state return cannot be accepted until the federal return has been accepted.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Opus 17
Level 15

You can't recall a tax return after it has been transmitted.  However, if your return requires an IP PIN, the IRS should reject it if it is not included.  Then you can add it and re-transmit.  The IRS officially opens e-file processing on Friday, so it could be as late as Monday until you see that rejection and opportunity to re-file. 

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
tvkitts17

Okay, Thank you very much

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings