tvkitts17

Filed my 2020 Taxes yesterday, but forgot to add my IP PIN number. How can i do add that since it says "you filed your 2020 taxes" and there is no way to edit.

How do I edit my taxes now that it's already filed?

MY RETURN IS IN PENDING—what does that mean?

Did you e-file?  Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”  If so, your return is now in “pending” on a server.  Do not try to change anything while your return is in pending. If your return is rejected you will be able to make corrections before re-filing.

The IRS will not be accepting/rejecting 2020 returns until Friday, February 12, 2021.  You need to watch your emails for the acceptance/rejection notice that may take until mid-February or later to arrive.   And watch your spam folder too.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

A state return cannot be accepted until the federal return has been accepted.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

You can't recall a tax return after it has been transmitted.  However, if your return requires an IP PIN, the IRS should reject it if it is not included.  Then you can add it and re-transmit.  The IRS officially opens e-file processing on Friday, so it could be as late as Monday until you see that rejection and opportunity to re-file. 

tvkitts17

Okay, Thank you very much