My return was filed with Turbotax & accepted on Jan 28th, 2019 & so far no information when it will be available?
On IRS website it still says "Your return is still being processed "I haven't received any notice in the mail.. has anyone been in this situation or its getting delayed due to shut down?
Only the IRS will know what is going on with your return. You'll have to ask the IRS. I'll leave info below on how to navigate the IRS phone system to speak to a live agent there.
I'll also leave info on how you can contact the Taxpayer Advocate
Service, who may be able to either get info for you or perhaps expedite
things, especially if you have a hardship. But you should try the IRS first.
IRS: 800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri
Here's how to reach a live IRS agent. Listen to each menu before making the selection.
First choose your language. Press 1 for English.
- Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
- Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
- Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
- Then press 3 "for all other questions."
- Then press 2 "for all other questions." It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.
Also see this article for more info on how the Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
Still have questions?Make a post