agrabe85

Filed 1040x for 2015 return prior to filing paid the estimated tax. IRS sent a notice of acceptance, stating I over paid & would receive a refund. That was 4 months ago.

I verified on my Tax transcript with the IRS that I have a credit on the account. Just not sure if a refund has been sent or when I should expect to receive it. 

Only the IRS can help you with this issue.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 4 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office.  See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1

Then press 4 "for all other questions."