eskrima2

Federal return completed and file and accepted. Turbo Tax changed my return and now I owe Federal. How can they change the form after filing?

Why would Turbo Tax change the Federal form after completing and filing?

What makes you think TT changed it?

eskrima2

I filed my federal on 2/8/2021. At that time, Turbo Tax said I was ready to file and was complete. I received a text from you saying my Federal return had been accepted. I had a refund of $636. from Federal. On 2/18/2021 I received a text saying that my California return was rejected. I logged back on to my account to correct the State and now the FEDERAL shows Federal Tax due $564.  Your program changed my Federal return after I filed and it was accepted! There's a $1200. discrepancy.   How can you do that? How do you fix your error? Do not offer for me to pay for an upgrade to fix this problem.  I talked with an 'expert' who had no idea of what the problem was and kept telling me about the State return.

Also, when I first log into my account, it indicates the Federal has been accepted and I get a refund of $636. and that State has been rejected.   When I go back into the Federal form to find the problem, at the top of the form, it now indicates I owe $564.  Which is correct?  Why does the Federal return show two different amounts?