Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eskrima2

Federal return completed and file and accepted. Turbo Tax changed my return and now I owe Federal. How can they change the form after filing?

Why would Turbo Tax change the Federal form after completing and filing?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Federal return completed and file and accepted. Turbo Tax changed my return and now I owe Federal. How can they change the form after filing?

What makes you think TT changed it?

eskrima2

I filed my federal on 2/8/2021. At that time, Turbo Tax said I was ready to file and was complete. I received a text from you saying my Federal return had been accepted. I had a refund of $636. from Federal. On 2/18/2021 I received a text saying that my California return was rejected. I logged back on to my account to correct the State and now the FEDERAL shows Federal Tax due $564.  Your program changed my Federal return after I filed and it was accepted! There's a $1200. discrepancy.   How can you do that? How do you fix your error? Do not offer for me to pay for an upgrade to fix this problem.  I talked with an 'expert' who had no idea of what the problem was and kept telling me about the State return.

Also, when I first log into my account, it indicates the Federal has been accepted and I get a refund of $636. and that State has been rejected.   When I go back into the Federal form to find the problem, at the top of the form, it now indicates I owe $564.  Which is correct?  Why does the Federal return show two different amounts?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies