turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal return accepted 1/28, nothing since...

Yes it is.  I am eligible but couldn’t factor that into my taxes this year because the irs didn’t send me a code.  Last year it was a letter then they credited me with the money.

@Budman36 Your comment is inappropriate and inaccurate.  Perhaps your senator is either misinformed or merely a Trump hater, as you appear to be.  But your information is incorrect.  Here's a link if you know how to click on it and read why returns are being delayed.  If it weren't for the tax reforms made by our President, many wouldn't even be getting a refund.  Have a nice day!  https://thecollegeinvestor.com/18645/tax-return-will-be-delayed/

@BrandiLO  HI, so it is normal to have only one bar during the PATH process???

You are terribly misinformed. Trump is Impeached and will see his day in prison

@tammyw have you called the government offset number? It will inform you of any debts owed and if part or all of your refund will be held.

@Budman36  That’s funny, the latest in a decade!?! They didn’t start accepting returns LAST year until Jan 28th, 2019. But OK. SMH

@Budman36   Here's the critical information that taxpayers need to know:

"The government staffing of the IRS is likely going to cause a lot of delays for early tax filers. The reason is simple: without contractors helping the IRS, they cannot get all of the programming done to the software to get the software live.

If you're a crook, you try to file as many tax returns as quickly as possible. You see, the IRS processes everything on a first-come, first serve basis.​ So, if a criminal files a tax return in your name before you do, and they steal your refund - they win the race.

For the government, they will end up paying you the proper refund, but they also lost the money that went to the criminals.

The bottom line is that they are delaying your tax refund because they don't want to lose more money.​ And it is serious money - the IRS estimates it paid out of $1.3 billion in fraudulent tax refunds last year.

In an effort to combat this, the IRS is now going to hold some refunds until February 15, 2020. The goal here is to see if two tax returns are filed for the same individual.   

It's important to note that not ALL tax returns are being delayed because of this new law. Only tax returns that have the following tax credits are being held:

• Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
  • Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC)"

IRS number when you call choose option 1 for english option 3 to get a live representative on the line 

I called yesterday I filed federal tax with the EIC and the CIC on 1/23/2020 it was accepted on 1/27/2020 and the bar appeared in the WMR app a week later it disappeared and I received a message stating TT152 a date will be given when available so i called the IRS to verify what's going on they informed me that the IRS is not issuing any taxes that have the EIC and the CIC until after the 15th of february However they did do a test batch for some to be released early February but that was only to a selected few so hopefully we will see it soon in our accounts hope this helped you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies