To help determine when your current year federal tax return transcript will be available, please review the following link, Current Year Transcript Availability.
Regarding federal tax refund status, if you claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and/or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC), per the following link, Refund Timing for Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit Filers:
Where's My Refund ?on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC and ACTC refund filers on February 17 so those filers will not see a refund date on Where's My Refund ?or through their software packages until then. The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so these filers should not contact or call about refunds before the end of February.
Also, if you chose to pay TurboTax with your federal refund, once the IRS reviews and approves your federal refund, the amount is sent to a third-party, who processes the TurboTax fees and the remaining amount is deposited into the bank account you provided. The state refund(s) must be reviewed and approved and will be sent directly from the state(s) (no third-party is involved). Please review the following link(s) and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information:
- https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230418728-What-s-the-status-of-my-2018-refund- (You may use this link to track the status of your federal refund if you used the Refund Processing Service.)
- How do I track my state refund? (You may use this link to track the status of state refund(s).)
- What is the Refund Processing Service?
- Who provides the Refund Processing Service?
- Why do some refunds take longer than others?
- Why is my IRS refund taking longer than 21 days?
- PATH Act delayed refunds for some filers