• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whopperswife

Fed return shows expected refund date of 2/9/18, my state is still in pending status since 1/19/18. My state started accepting returns on 1/22/18. What is happening?

8 Replies
justintucker88

Fed return shows expected refund date of 2/9/18, my state is still in pending status since 1/19/18. My state started accepting returns on 1/22/18. What is happening?

how do you already have an estimated federal return date if they havent even began processing them? when was your return accepted?
and it says on the irs wheresmyrefund that you have that date?
whopperswife

My return was accepted on 1/19/2018.  The IRS was selecting returns early for their testing and mine must of been one of them.  Yes, when I check the IRS, it says expected refund date is 2/9/18.
justintucker88

My return was accepted a couple days after yours, however my bars still show only one bar on the where’s my refund website ...

I haven’t ran into many people who have an updated WMR right now ... is there anyway you can screenshot without showing your return details ?
whopperswife

Now it says 2/3/18.  I will try to do a screen shot, I am currently on a desktop computer.
whopperswife

I take that back, it says today actually and if it isn't there by 2/3/18 to check with my bank.
whopperswife

Just checked my bank, my federal refund is in my account this morning.
justintucker88

can you snap a picture or something of the WMR site and email me possibly ?

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:Tuckman88@icloud.com">Tuckman88@icloud.com</a>

I’m a little worried because I did a nonbusiness bad debt write off and I am worried maybe there is a mistake or something.
NjoyBhappy
Level 1

It is not uncommon for state returns to remain in pending status several days after the federal return has already been accepted. See TurboTax FAQhttps://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302294

Here is a easy way to keep track of your State Return once it moves along: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300211

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v