Solved: Fed return rejected due to someone claiming my child. That person amended their return yesterday, how long will it take gov to update that amendment so I don't get reject

Fed return rejected due to someone claiming my child. That person amended their return yesterday, how long will it take gov to update that amendment so I don't get reject

Unfortunately, you will need to mail in your return.  Once a social security number has been accepted for e-file, it is no longer possible for anyone else to e-file that social security number, even if the original claim was incorrect.  However, by the other person amending their return, it will prevent further processing delays.

Employee TurboTax Specialist

You will need to file a paper return. Please see this information from the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/electronic-filing-e-file/age-name-or-ssn-rejects-errors-correction-procedur...