turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stepzoe

I went to check the status of my refund, since it has been over 21 days from the date my return was accepted. It gives a generic “processing” message with tax code 152?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I went to check the status of my refund, since it has been over 21 days from the date my return was accepted. It gives a generic “processing” message with tax code 152?

It usually takes within 21 days of acceptance if you e-file with direct deposit. This article will provide more information on the refund process and timeline.

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-refunds/wheres-my-tax-refund-how-to-check-your-refund-status-18...  

If the IRS website shows “Processing”, that simply means they have received your refund and are working on it. Once a date is available they will post it.  You can continue to track your refund for a date.    

You can track your refund with the IRS and through Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.

https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/login

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Everyone keeps say the above is Normal and it’s not I have the same above situation it’s been over 21 Days bars gone and it’s the tax topic 152 still processing etc. it’s been like that for a week I called to day and was told I was selected for review I have no others topic or have an offset , and the rep did not see that a letter was sent , this happened last year and I did get a topic 1541 and a letter I have had the same ongoing issues since I started to file with Turbo tax , this the last year

Everyone keeps say the above is Normal and it’s not I have the same above situation it’s been over 21 Days bars gone and it’s the tax topic 152 still processing etc. it’s been like that for a week I called to day and was told I was selected for review I have no others topic or have an offset , and the rep did not see that a letter was sent , this happened last year and I did get a topic 1541 and a letter I have had the same ongoing issues since I started to file with Turbo tax , this the last year

And it could take up to 45 Days

And it could take up to 45 Days
stepzoe

@royalty2526 I called the IRS this afternoon and was told my return is under review and this review could take up to 45 days. I was told a letter hasn’t been generated as of yet and there were no notes giving an explanation of what’s going on with it. I’ve heard so many different explanations in regards to the “processing” message with the tax topic 152 attached to it. I’ve just washed my hands with it...whatever happens, happens. This is ridiculous.
j_11

I’m InThe same
Situation smh
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies