condosv

Efiled and it was accepted by irs. Next day my husband gave me paperwork for withdrawal of 401. I tried to amend. Did I screw up flow of original acceptance?

Or was the amend even considered at that point?

ErinH

No, you trying to amend did not impact the original filing. But now you will need to wait until  your return has been fully processed and you receive your refund or have paid your balance due to amend. You will need to prepare an amended tax return on a 1040X and mail it in if the new info changes your refund or tax due amount. You cannot e-file an amended return.  They have to be mailed, and it takes up to 16 weeks for the IRS to process an amended return. 3 weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site. 

Amendment instructions can be found here when they become available for 2017 (early february) :   https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

ErinH