traytray1024

Does my tax refund come exactly on the date that is set up

DanielV01

Maybe.  It depends on where you are looking.  If the date you are seeing is provided through TurboTax, that date is an estimated date.  The reason why is that it is the IRS that actually sends the refund, and there are a number of different criteria that they use that can delay receiving a refund.  The most reliable source for knowing when you will receive your refund is to click on the following link:  https://www.irs.gov/refunds  (Otherwise known as "Where's My Refund?")

If the date you are seeing is coming from the Where's My Refund site, then you should see your refund at that time (unless you have accidentally provided erroneous bank information for direct deposit.  When this happens, the IRS will issue a check that may take a few additional days or a couple of weeks to arrive).

DanielV01