turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cloner3

Does GreenDot Bank issue federal tax refunds?

I received a check from Green Dot Bank and states it is my federal tax refund. I want to be sure this is legitimate
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

The third party processor is Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Green Dot Bank

If they could not direct deposit the refund successfully then they convert it to a check mailed to the address on the tax return for an extra fee.  Check your account here : 

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies