turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

michaels2122
Returning Member

Does Fed see how many months of the year I put in Turbox that my mom lived with me? My desktop crashed and I can't retrieve info from 2016 to 2020 tax years

My mom is selling her house and she lived with me off and on last few years as I claimed head of household.  I don't have this info on my hard copy 1040
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Does Fed see how many months of the year I put in Turbox that my mom lived with me? My desktop crashed and I can't retrieve info from 2016 to 2020 tax years

The number of months a dependent lived in your home is not reported anywhere on a tax return.

Why are you asking about this --- and what does it have to do with the upcoming sale of your mother's house?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
michaels2122
Returning Member

The home sale exclusion 2 out of 5 rule 

the rule applies only if she rented out the house.

Did she?

IRS is not going to audit her anyway.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies