Do the taxes I owe come out of my bank account or did they come out of my taxes already?

Understand that you, and only you can access your tax return and TurboTax account. Not even a TurboTax employee can access your stuff. If you do in fact owe taxes to your state or the IRS, how did you elect to pay those taxes? ACH Debit to your account? Or did you elect to mail a check? How you check in the program depends on what you used, the online version of TurboTax, or the CD version.

Don’t remember

What do you mean come out of your taxes already?  If you have a Tax Due then you don't have a refund.  Federal and state are completely separate,  you can not have a tax due on one return deducted from a refund on the other return.  

How do I review the method I chose to pay my federal income tax with, after filing with TurboTax Online?

You can verify the tax payment method you chose on the Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2018 Federal Tax Return page, next to Balance Due/Refund. To see the page, follow these instructions:

1.     Open your return if it’s not already open.

2.     On the [Your name], your 2018 federal return was accepted! screen, scroll down and select Add a State (don’t worry, we’re not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.

3.     On the left side select Tax Tools then Print Center.

4.     On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year’s return.

5.     On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2018 federal returns and Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) then select View or print forms.

6.     The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2018 Federal Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund.

Related Information:

·         How do I review the federal refund method I chose after filing with TurboTax Online?

·         What is Adobe Reader? Where do I get it?