turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gclark22

I received a CP2000 notice in the mail. It is for income info that I didn't receive until after I had filed and I forgot to amend. Should I amend now? It contains deducts

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I received a CP2000 notice in the mail. It is for income info that I didn't receive until after I had filed and I forgot to amend. Should I amend now? It contains deducts

Do not amend your return unless the CP2000 notice tells you to amend. Read the entire notice carefully and follow the instructions in the notice for how to respond if you disagree with it. If it does tell you to prepare an amended return, don't mail the amended return to where you would send it if you did not get the notice. Send it to the address that the notice tells you to send it to.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Do not amend your return unless the CP2000 notice tells you to amend. Read the entire notice carefully and follow the instructions in the notice for how to respond if you disagree with it. If it does tell you to prepare an amended return, don't mail the amended return to where you would send it if you did not get the notice. Send it to the address that the notice tells you to send it to.

gclark22

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3328679-can-i-file-amended-return-with-cp2000">https://ttlc.intuit... says with this link to amend the return. I agree with the amount they are saying was not filed (I had received after I had already filed), but I will have deductions included with that amount. I just want to make sure that my deductions are included so that I am paying what is owed.

If you do not agree with the IRS changes then you should amend the return.

And for the record ... you should be keeping accurate records of the earnings so you never need to wait for the 1099s to come in the mail to file an accurate return.  You need to report all your income earned even if no 1099 is ever issued.  If you had reported all the income on the first return then you would not have gotten the IRS notice.

Even if you didn't report that income you still knew all of your expenses.  You could of entered all the expenses anyway on the original return.

And we are assuming you are talking about 1099Misc self employment income

If you do not agree with the IRS changes then you should amend the return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies