Solved: Do I still need to mail in my Amended Tax Return even though I have an Electronic Postmark?

Do I still need to mail in my Amended Tax Return even though I have an Electronic Postmark?

The Electronic Postmark is for your original return.  The IRS does not support electronic filing of amended tax returns.

Print out and mail your amended return.

Print out and mail your amended return.

What if I can't make the payment, can I send in the Amended return without a check?

You can request that the IRS set up an installment payment plan, by filing Form 9465 - Installment Agreement Request with your amended return.  Please see the information in the additional answer, below

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

You can request that the IRS set up an installment payment plan, by filing Form 9465 - Installment Agreement Request with your amended return.  Please see the following TurboTax FAQ:  Can I file a Form 9465 (Installment Agreement Request) in TurboTax?

TurboTax has an excellent guide to setting up an installment agreement with the IRS:  Facts About IRS Payment Plans

[Edited | 4/2/2020 |  11:25am PDT]