Solved: Do I need to file entire return for 1040X

Do I need to file entire return for 1040X

I need to file an amended return. The only thing I'm changing is adding in the fact that I prepaid taxes. TurboTax never imported this information the first time I filed. So my question is do I have to file the ENTIRE 107 pages or can I just send them the relevant parts that have changed (the first 2 pages)?

I also believe that a $50 penalty that the IRS made me for for "not pre-paying tax" was invalid. Hopefully I don't have to file anything else.

If you are just reporting Estimated Tax payments, you would send the Form 1040X only.

Do not include your old 1040 nor your revised 1040 because the Form 1040X reflects any changes there and becomes your new tax return.

Mail to the same address you would mail your original tax return.