brickyard3161

Do I need to file an X1040 to take off the dependant we did not need?

You said I did not need him but yet he was put on there.  Now Means he gets no Stimulus check.
MayaD

If you already filed your return, you need to amend it to take off the dependent or to make any changes.

If your return is accepted, wait until your return has been fully processes and you received your refund ( if you are expecting a refund ), then amend your return. 

Here's how you amend your return:

1. Sign in to your account.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents , select 2019 and then Amend (change) return
  3. Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  4. Follow the instructions, your refund or tax due will change to 0. This is normal on amended returns.

Amended return can't be e-file, you need to print it and mail it in.

brickyard3161

OK  Thank you,  I amended my 1040 for 2019,  Federal Tax..   Then they went on to say I needed to amend my Pa. State Taxes for 2018  that were not paid for Late Estimated Taxes..   We have never in all of our years of submitting taxes, had to submit Estimated Taxes.. We are not self employed..  but yet I was stuck there.. 

all I wanted to do was change and remove a Dependant put there whom we support as You said We did not need that to get our Total refund back..  So why it was put there is beyond me, you should have removed it as soon as you told me it was not needed.. This has caused me a problem and my son did not get his stimulus check, and it is our fault.. He is currently getting SSI, which is hardly enough to live on.   So Now trying to undo the problem. 
SO CAN I get the 1040X  form to file the Amended return?   or should I go to the  IRS to get one? 
Sincerely Terry & Rochelle Lutz 

brickyard3161

How do I get my to my FEDERAL TAX 1040 X form to Print it out?

CatinaT1

See this TurboTax FAQ for help with amending.