turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do i need to claim this on my taxes.? I signed up to be an It Works distributor in june. I made $434.35 in commissions and $400 in bonuses.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do i need to claim this on my taxes.? I signed up to be an It Works distributor in june. I made $434.35 in commissions and $400 in bonuses.

You cannot enter a 1099Misc when you are using the Free Edition.  If you qualify, there is another free software program available from TurboTax which will allow you to enter self-employment income reported on a 1099Misc.

Try the Freedom Edition: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom 

You qualify if your income was $33,000 or less, or $64,000 or less if active duty military, or if you qualify for Earned Income Credit

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You cannot enter a 1099Misc when you are using the Free Edition.  If you qualify, there is another free software program available from TurboTax which will allow you to enter self-employment income reported on a 1099Misc.

Try the Freedom Edition: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom 

You qualify if your income was $33,000 or less, or $64,000 or less if active duty military, or if you qualify for Earned Income Credit

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

Yes. 

The IRS requires that ALL income is reported on your Federal Tax return. 

If you received a 1099, or earned it as an independent contractor, you will need to file a Schedule C in order to report the income and the expenses related to this work. 

Click here to view IRS Code Section 61

Click here for TurboTax information on Schedule C

You can enter Self Employment Income into Online Deluxe or Premier but if you have any expenses you will have to upgrade to the Self Employed version.

How to enter income from Self Employment
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2903027-how-do-i-report-income-from-self-employment
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies