mymoneynow218

Do I list my daughter, 28, and granddaughter, 6, on my tax form if they live with me but my daughter works and filed her own taxes or leave them off of my tax form?

My daughter is employed and 27 and my granddaughter is 6.  Just need to know if I have to list them because they live with me.

KarenJ

You can claim your daughter as a dependent if you provided more than half of her total support and 2019 AND she earned less than $4,200 in taxable income.

If she filed her own taxes, it seems to me she would have claimed her daughter as a dependent.

[Edited 03.24.20 | 2:55 pm]

KarenJ

[Edited 03.24.20 | 2:55 pm]