Do I have to send a check for the amount of the fe...

Do I have to send a check for the amount of the federal tax due for my amended return? Will they deduct if from my original return? I'm so confused now, help please!

The amended return states "Federal tax due (amended return only) $xxx"

Wait!  Do not amend until the original return is fully processed and you get the first refund.  

Then the amended return is only for the difference you get back or owe.  I think the cover sheet shows what the original return WOULD have been if you did it right the first time.

Go by the actual 1040X.  Line 18 should be your original refund amount and line 22 should be your additional refund.  If you paid on your original return it will be on line 16.  If there is an amount owed with the amendment, it will be on line 20.

If you have a tax due, do not send the 1040V.  Just include a check with the 1040X.  Ignore the 1040V.  That is for the original return or what the original return would have been if it didn’t need correcting.  Don’t pay the amount on the 1040V.  Pay the amount on the actual 1040X.

I'm not getting my original refund back, that's why I have to file the amended return. I talked to the taxpayer advocate service today, this is what they told me to do. 

I don't know what you mean by the 1040V...I just need to know if I have to actually send a check for what it says I owe for the amended return. I was getting a large refund back on my original return and now it says I owe money for the amended. 

I don't want to send in my amended return with no check and have the process be delayed even more if I have to pay.