turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

najem2008

How i could i respond the the notice from uscis asking for my tax”which is fine, and tax of the person who caimed me as dependent while i dont have any?

my civic officer ask me this

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How i could i respond the the notice from uscis asking for my tax”which is fine, and tax of the person who caimed me as dependent while i dont have any?

my tax”which is fine,  Send them copies of your own returns.

and tax of the person who caimed me as dependent while i dont have any?

Write a letter that, to your knowledge, no one else has claimed you as a dependent.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Did you file a tax return for those years ?   And if you didn't then were you claimed as a dependent on anyone else's return ?   

They are requiring those returns ... so respond by giving them what they want.  If you didn't file a return & you were not claimed as a dependent  then contact the person on the notice for further directions.
Carl
Level 15

I would think you would respond the same way you responded here. Give them what you have, tell them what you don't have. (Not sure was USCIS is either)

Immigration.   <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.uscis.gov/">https://www.uscis.gov/</a>
Carl
Level 15

Thanks critter. You'd think I'd have known that off the top of my head, since I immigrated my wife and her parents here - each one at a time. But then, that was over 20 years ago when we referred to it as the INS.
Hal_Al
Level 15

You can get a non-filing certificate from the IRS.  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.marquette.edu/mucentral/financialaid/resources_non_filing_letter_instructions_1718.shtml"...>

my tax”which is fine,  Send them copies of your own returns.

and tax of the person who caimed me as dependent while i dont have any?

Write a letter that, to your knowledge, no one else has claimed you as a dependent.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies