Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ramel98

What if it says my tax refund was deposited into my bank account but I don’t have a bank account?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

What if it says my tax refund was deposited into my bank account but I don’t have a bank account?

Is it possible there was a bank account that you used last year and it went there? TurboTax populates/pulls over info from last year's return into the new return each year. Maybe you passed by the deposit screen and didn't notice the account was still listed.

If you did NOT add a bank account and routing number this year, check last year's bank account for the deposit.

Otherwise, you need to contact the IRS.  1-800-829-1040.

If you are seeing on irs.gov that your refund was deposited it could just mean it was sent to you with a check by mail.

ramel98

This is my first time filing I told them to send my refund by mail but it says deposited in my bank account which I don’t have one

Who says its in your bank?

Go to <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.irs.gov/refunds">www.irs.gov/refunds</a> and tell me what is said about your return status there.
ramel98

That it was deposited in my bank account February 22 but I don’t have a bank account I never have

Did you ever find out where your check is? I'm having the same issue

Even if you were having the refund deposited onto a card, the IRS will only see a routing and account number and refer to it as a "bank account."
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

or if you were having TT fees deducted from the refund.

Says my tax return was refund to y'all already so what now on the 5th

IRS

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies