turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jedi13579

Can i get my head of household tax credit for the last two years back? i did not file as head of household by mistake. can i get this money on this years return?

can i get the head of household tax credit back that i did not file for during the last two years by mistake. i was eligible for head of household for the last two years and i used turbotax so my records should be on your guys sight. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can i get my head of household tax credit for the last two years back? i did not file as head of household by mistake. can i get this money on this years return?

No, you can not get that back on this year's return. The only way to get it back is to file an amended return for each of the years that you filed incorrectly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

No, you can not get that back on this year's return. The only way to get it back is to file an amended return for each of the years that you filed incorrectly.
Hal_Al
Level 15

There is no head of household (HoH) tax credit, per se. HoH gets a bigger standard deduction and lower tax rates, so it is probably still worth while to file amended returns, unless your taxable income was already zero.

Note that TT would have siggested HOH if you had qualified.

Did you claim a blood related dependent (usually a child)  that lived with you on your last two tax returns that would qualify you for HOH?
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies