turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cindy343

Change my bank account information for direct deposit

I moved and I have a different bank account
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
bar50

did not recive refund bank same as last year
forgot

I have you all my banking info
Kadian

If you have not yet filed your return, to update you bank account information, sign back into your account and click on the "File" tab. Continue until you get to the screen asking how you would like your refund, once on this screen select "direct deposit", and continue with the below steps:

1. Ensure the box underneath the account info stating I want my refund deposited into this account is unchecked.
  2. Scroll down and click Continue.
  3. A page will display that says, Let's get your bank account info.
  4. Enter your new or updated account info you want your 2016 refund deposited in to.

If you have already filed your return, there is a slight possibility that you might be able to update your bank account number.

If you had chosen the Refund Processing Service (allowing TurboTax to take their fees out of your federal refund), you can try going to the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group website for assistance. When you use the Refund Processing Service, your refund is sent to a "middle man" (Santa Barbara Tax Product Group) who then transfers your fund to your bank account and transfer TurboTax's Fees to their account. So if you can speak with someone there, they may be able to update your direct deposit information before they attempt to deposit the funds. 

If you did not use the Refund Processing Service, you may be able to contact the IRS directly (800-829-1040), after the return has been accepted, and see if they might be able to update your bank account information.

If you aren't successful in getting the bank account information updated, don't worry. If the IRS/Santa Barbara Tax Product Group is unable to deposit your refund amount they will send you a check in the mail.  

change bank account info.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you already filed your tax return? If you already filed your return, you will not be able to change your direct deposit information. The IRS will mail you a check if there is an issue with your routing or account number.  

If you have not already filed, you are able to change your direct deposit information within your tax return. Please follow the instructions below. 

How do I change my refund method? - Community 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Wendian10

I worked with someone the other day and I was just trying to file a simple tax return to get my stimulus check and to give them my direct deposit numbers it ended up federally I got zero and they weren't even going to do anything but mail me a check in October there's something wrong with this can somebody please contact me [phone number removed]

@Wendian10 wrote:

I worked with someone the other day and I was just trying to file a simple tax return to get my stimulus check and to give them my direct deposit numbers it ended up federally I got zero and they weren't even going to do anything but mail me a check in October there's something wrong with this can somebody please contact me [phone number removed]

Go to this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies