turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

marbec02

My husband has money taken out of each check to pay for the use of his employers vehicle. it can not be used for personal use only business. where do we add that as a deduction/

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Lakeisha

My husband has money taken out of each check to pay for the use of his employers vehicle. it can not be used for personal use only business. where do we add that as a deduction/

Company Car or Vehicle Expenses

If the company does not reimburse you for vehicle expenses, you could deduct them as job related expenses based on the business use of the vehicle vs. personal use.  

Assuming this is a job for which you receive a W-2, you would type the words job expenses, employee in the Find box on the upper right, then click the Jump To that appears below.  Go through the interview until you reach vehicle expenses.

I hope this is helpful!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lakeisha

Company Car or Vehicle Expenses

If the company does not reimburse you for vehicle expenses, you could deduct them as job related expenses based on the business use of the vehicle vs. personal use.  

Assuming this is a job for which you receive a W-2, you would type the words job expenses, employee in the Find box on the upper right, then click the Jump To that appears below.  Go through the interview until you reach vehicle expenses.

I hope this is helpful!

Employer....they get a W2, not self employment income.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies