Solved: Change tax refund account destination

Change tax refund account destination

how do i go about changing the account number and info to where my refund will be going?

Change tax refund account destination

If you have NOT FILED yet you CAN change your bank account, you can follow the directions below to change your banking information. 

1. Log back into TurboTax and select the "Take Me to My Return" button, then select the File button. 

2. As you walk through the questions, make sure that the box stating "I want my refund deposited into this account" is unchecked.  

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Continue.  

4. You will be taken to a new screen titled, "Let's get your bank account info".  

This will allow you to enter the new or updated banking information that is to be used for your 2016 direct deposit.  

IF YOU HAVE FILEDit is too late to update your bank account information in the program. Assuming the bank rejects your refund because it is an incorrect account, the IRS will issue a check and mail it to the address shown on your tax return. Or, if the return hasn't already posted to the IRS's system, you can ask them to stop the direct deposit. You may call them toll-free at 800-829-1040, M - F, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.  

For more information, please see IRS FAQ: What should I do if I entered an incorrect routing or account number? 

Change tax refund account destination

Change tax refund account destination

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!

Change tax refund account destination

You're very welcome!