Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Change payment date after filing

I'd like to pay my federal taxes earlier than I indicated in Turbo Tax.  It doesn't seem possible since I already filed.
1 Reply
New Member

Change payment date after filing

Once your return is accepted, you can't change any of the payments details, but, you can cancel the electronic withdrawal payment and use another payment method.

You can call IRS e-file Payment Services anytime at 1-888-353-4537, 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted to cancel your payment. 

You must cancel your payment 2 business days prior to the scheduled payment date.

Check out "Cancellations, Errors and Questions" from IRS link below "Pay Taxes by Electronic Funds Withdrawal"


Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings