turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

angry3
Returning Member

Change credit card number

This is the second year I have had this issue!!!!  My credit card number has changed.  I cannot change it on your form.  It just goes back to the old one.  Contacting you on this issue merely gives me instructions of how to change the credit card number which are not working!  How about looking onto the problem on your website???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Sign onto this website to change your Billing and Shipping information - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads/myaccounts?route=myaccounts&cgcview=billing

angry3
Returning Member

It doesn't work!!!  I type in the new number and it doesn't stay.  Had the same problem last year and never got it working.  

If you need to confirm or update the credit card information on file with your subscription:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax Advantage account.
  2. Once you've signed in, select Billing and shipping info on the left side, then the TurboTax Advantage info radio button.
  3. Select Edit to confirm or update your payment, billing, or shipping address.

Related Information:                                                       

In my opinion ... I would cancel the overpriced advantage subscription and simply buy it from a legitimate reseller like Walmart, Office Depot, Staples, Target, etc .   These places usually have discounted prices which go down as the season continues.  

@angry3 wrote:

It doesn't work!!!  I type in the new number and it doesn't stay.  Had the same problem last year and never got it working.  

Worked for me. 

Changed my CC number and expiration date.  Clicked on Save. 

Changed my CC number back to the original and the expiration date.  Clicked on Save.

Both changes were accepted.

Try changing your web browser.  I am using Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121

angry3
Returning Member

Try changing it for realand then log out and back in again.  It will be the old number.  It looks like it changes but it doesn't.  I'm also using Chrome.  Tried in explorer as well.

@angry3 wrote:

Try changing it for realand then log out and back in again.  It will be the old number.  It looks like it changes but it doesn't.  I'm also using Chrome.  Tried in explorer as well.

Changed to the new card.  Clicked on Save and then closed the window.  Signed back on my account and checked the Billing and Shipping web page.  The new credit card was still in my account.

Try this instead -

Sign onto your account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

On the Tax Home web page click on Intuit Account at the bottom left of the web page.

Click on Products and Billing

Click on TurboTax or Click or Manage My TurboTax

Change your Billing Information

Make sure to clear your cookies and try again. 

Also if your AGI was below $69K (for 2019 ... probably $71K in 2020) there are 10 TOTALLY FREE FILE options available thru the IRS FREE FILE link ... https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free  ... opens mid to late Jan and closes 10/15. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies