@ gamerking__42@ wrote: "Can you tell me my IRS Status says that my tax refund was sent on 3/24/21 and I have not seen it and the bank has no pending transaction as of 3/25/21. What should I do?"
So the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool tells you that the funds have been sent?
The IRS says to allow 5 days due to variations in bank processing times/procedures.
However, there may be something you can check in the meantime--IF you used the following service:
Did you choose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund?
If so, the direct deposit that comes to your bank will not be from the IRS. With that fee payment method the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted. Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card). If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG).
If you did NOT use that method to pay fees, then this paragraph does not apply to you.
@ Mybboo wrote:
Can you tell me my IRS status saying when will it hit my card
Sorry, but only you and the IRS can look up your status at the IRS website. Have you used the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool? I'll tell you how below.
The IRS says 9 out of 10 filers who efile and choose direct deposit will get their Federal refunds within 21 days after being accepted. Some returns are processed fairly quickly, while others require additional processing due to specific items in the return. Some are pulled at random for more thorough investigation.
If you efiled, you should double-check to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted.
If you used Online TurboTax, you can sign into your Online Account and check the efile status at the Tax Home.
If that showed it was accepted, you can use the "Where's My Refund" tool at the IRS website below to monitor the status of your Federal refund.
TIPS when using the IRS WMR tool:
- Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.
- Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
- Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount. Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.
- Also be sure you are using the Federal amount before any TurboTax fees are taken out (if you chose that option.)
- Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline. I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't. 800-829-1954
To track a state refund: