Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

spaet039

I made a mistake on my M1PR in TurboTax. Can this be fixed so I can reprint my M1PR?

TurboTax already helped me fill out an M1PR (thank you!) but I made a mistake and would love to fix it and fill the form out again. Is this possible?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChrisJ

I made a mistake on my M1PR in TurboTax. Can this be fixed so I can reprint my M1PR?

To Print Form M1PR:

1. Sign in (or go here if you can't)

NOTE
    : If you already filed your return, you won't see any of the above. Instead, click Add a state beneath your return details (don't worry, we're not really adding a state). This will allow you back into the return.

2. Click on the State Taxes tab across the top.
  3. Continue to the Status of your state returns screen, then continue/edit/revisit the Minnesota state return (or begin and prepare if you've not already done so)
  4. Get to the Let's Check for Minnesota Nontaxable Income screen, then select Yes, I want to see if I qualify for these tax benefits.
  5. Click continue/done/no many times (unless you actually want to revisit/prepare another section) until you arrive at the Other Forms You May Need screen. Confirm the Property Tax Refund (Form M1PR) box is checked, then continue.
  6. Provide any information asked of you in order to generate the form. If you have a refund, you'll be asked about making state contributions and also direct deposit of the property tax refund. Answer, then continue.
  7. Click Print Form M1PR. This will generate a finalized version of the form. You'll mail it to the address provided on screen. (click image below for reference)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ChrisJ

To Print Form M1PR:

1. Sign in (or go here if you can't)

NOTE
    : If you already filed your return, you won't see any of the above. Instead, click Add a state beneath your return details (don't worry, we're not really adding a state). This will allow you back into the return.

2. Click on the State Taxes tab across the top.
  3. Continue to the Status of your state returns screen, then continue/edit/revisit the Minnesota state return (or begin and prepare if you've not already done so)
  4. Get to the Let's Check for Minnesota Nontaxable Income screen, then select Yes, I want to see if I qualify for these tax benefits.
  5. Click continue/done/no many times (unless you actually want to revisit/prepare another section) until you arrive at the Other Forms You May Need screen. Confirm the Property Tax Refund (Form M1PR) box is checked, then continue.
  6. Provide any information asked of you in order to generate the form. If you have a refund, you'll be asked about making state contributions and also direct deposit of the property tax refund. Answer, then continue.
  7. Click Print Form M1PR. This will generate a finalized version of the form. You'll mail it to the address provided on screen. (click image below for reference)

ChrisJ

Can you comment on how this answer wasn't helpful enough?
spaet039

I should have clarified my question: I have already submitted my MN state tax return. Of course, the M1PR is sent separately. Is there a way to access/edit this form after filing my state taxes?
ChrisJ

I understand. The post will be edited. Thanks for your reply!
spaet039

Change something on the form, then print it. When I first prepared the M1PR, I mistakenly used the taxes from 2016 instead of 2017. Silly me
ChrisJ

Please let me know if the updated post doesn't answer your question.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies