turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can not print my 2018 Alabama State Taxes

I get the message your Alabama return is currently unavailable to view, print not download
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
land2019

I am having the same issue....Your Alabama return is currently unavailable to view, print, or download because some of the forms haven't been finalized yet.  

View solution in original post

85 Replies
thshdy

The State of Alabama website has the forms.  Is it a Turbo Tax issue?
land2019

Just got off the phone with turbo tax and they said that the state of Alabama has not finished all their forms.  Turbo is looking into the approximate time frame that the forms that I am needing are released from the state and will email that information. So if the State website has the forms......not sure exactly what is going on.

I get the same exact message, what is going on
naglaves

same here.  Makes no sense that all forms for a simple return being submitted for a teenager aren't ready yet.  I wonder if this is a byproduct of the government shutdown - delayed form finalization?

I have spoken to Customer Service and it will be 2/21/19 before anyone can print to file.

I am having the same issue

Will check back on 02/21/2019
land2019

Thanks for the information.  Will try again on 21st.  Does seem odd that these simple forms are not available.  When I was on the phone with Turbotax, the guy did mention that there were a lot of new tax law changes/going into effect this time that and that it is normal to have this delay when that happens.  He also said that once AL releases all current forms/makes available all forms....that it can still take Turbotax a few days to get forms into their system and available to us.  
breeze-14

Same problem with forms. Also my TurboTax will not let me request a notification date or print out or save preliminary forms.

What is really odd is that I efiled my AL return; it was accepted by TurboTax; it was submitted by TurboTax to AL; and accepted by AL … yet I can't print it.  Makes no sense unless unlocking the print capability for a state is an all or nothing proposition.  In all my years of using TT, I've never run into this before.  Will be amusing if I get my refund before I can print out the return.

Once I submitted the Federal return E-File the issue went away and now I can print the state. It's got to be a bug. I called TT and they didn't have an answer. They checked with my state - MO and the current forms had been submitted to them so it didn't make sense.

having the same problem with Oklahoma form.  Same message.
netkent

For AL you can still eFile, but just can't print yet.  I tried again even after both Fed and State eFiles were formally accepted, so the comment made earlier re MO doesn't apply for AL.
dprkk

Same for Illinois. Filed both state and federal. Both accepted. Cannot print State. TT customer service is absolutely useless. They have no clue what you're talking about or how to answer this question. Then I get emails that incident number xxxxxxx has been resolved and closed. WHAT??  Come on TT, as another commenter posted, "I expected more from you".
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies