ahohman07

Can I pay turbo tax with my federal tax return even if I owe money from previous years? I know the IRS will take my federal return and put it towards my balance.

Then no, you cannot, since TurboTax will not get paid.  The IRS seizes your refund for offsets before any fees for TT are taken out.  What happens in that event is TT goes in to your bank account and removes its fees from your account. And that could happen at a time when you really do not want it to happen.    It would be better for you to pay your TT fees by using a credit card--even if it is one of those prepaid ones from Walmart, etc.

ahohman07

Thank you!! I kind of figured this is what would happen! Why pay the extra fees if I don't have to. Thanks!!