turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I get a cash advance loan

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

REFUND ADVANCE

Last year for 2018 returns, certain qualified users were offered refund advance amounts on prepaid Visas at the time of e-filing, predicated on the amount of the refund and their returns being accepted by the IRS.  But it had to be offered--there was no way to opt in by request. If they offer a similar program for 2019 returns, do not expect to see it until January.  Since a return cannot be e-filed and accepted until the end of January, you could not receive a loan until early February at best.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333#sh-collapse1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I need help with applying for an adsvsnce payment loan 

You cannot apply for the refund loan.  It has to be offered to you, and you have to agree to the terms—-which have changed since last year——so read some information——and pay attention to the details in the fine print …  https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I already filled my federal taxes and was accepted was hoping to get a Cash advance?

@kalalaukane96746 Sorry--the refund loan program ended on February 15.

All paper work is in.  Just waiting on refund to be sent. How can i get cash in my Credit Karma account today?

@Charlesjns2424 - the IRS works on its own schedule..... just continue to be patient.... 

Can I get a cash advance loan?

not from Turbotax. the program is closed  for 2021

if you submitted your tax return via e-file at best it will likely take several weeks or more after filing before you get your refund. if you mailed your return 6 to 12 months. so if you need money ASAP you'll need to find a lender. 

kingdigg

Cash advance 

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

You can apply for a Refund Advance when you choose your refund method in the TurboTax program.  The offer is available until February 15, 2023.

Please refer to the TurboTax Help article What's Refund Advance? for guidance.

If you apply for a Refund Advance, your application will need to be approved by First Century Bank, N.A. before you can receive your advance.

@kingdigg 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies