user49299

Can I e file my Federal return and e file my State return? I want to save my State returns, pay up front, and e file my State returns maybe a few weeks after my Federal

I have the $149 online version of turbotax and is my first time using the product. Can I file the Federal return (e file) and later on e file the States? I want to pay up front and save the States returns I created so far. I also want to e file the States, only a couple of weeks later then the Federal. I need step by step instructions since is my very first time doing this. Thanks.

JeanneLO

Yes, you can e-file your federal return now and your state tax return later.  

Here is more information on how to file your federal return with the IRS now and your state later: