Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

egemin

Can I delete 1065x amended return in TurboTax Business?

I must have inadvertently started an amended return, now I can't get rid of the form.  I went back and deleted all information I could and selected "No, I do not need to file an amended return" but it still shows up in my error check/review.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

Yes.  You can delete the 1065X following these steps:

1. Make sure you are not in the "Amended Return" part of the interview.
  2. Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar.  [Screenshot #1]
  3. In the Forms in My Return list on the left, double-click on the 1065X to open it.   [Screenshot #2]
  4. Click on the Delete Form box at the bottom of the screen.
  5. To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

unfortunately,  the procedure did not work for Turbotax 2019 . every time you pass through the StepByStep the forms reappear asking the questions. Main 1065 Form the checkmark for amend Tax is not selected and still this Form shows up. 

Call the support, she searched and found the same answer and transferred to the "supervisor".  She said I must have selected Amend when I started the Tax ?!  How do you amend the Tax when you have not submitted it. She asked me to start over again !!   She must be joking!   Spent  16 hours to balance all the values and I have to start over again !!   The Business Turbo tax is terrible, every year I have to spend 10 hours to find why something is not balancing, I never see some of the values for step-by-step and have to dig into the Form to make the correction. 

I am sure it is some stupid flag does not have the option to show up in the Step-by-step pannel.   I hope the someone in TurboTax management read this and alerts the Software Engineer to debug and fix it.   I offered to send my Tax file to debug.  Supervisor supposed to callback and never did :( 

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

If you would like to send a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers”, that may help diagnose your issue. 

On your menu bar at the very top, click “Online” and then “Send Tax File to Agent”.  When you click to send, you will get a pop-up with a token number.  Reply with the token number and I’ll be able to open a TurboTax tax return with your numbers but not your personal information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks ,
I was not able to send this Private Msg , Your name  does not showup in the comunity mail users 

I uploaded two files  one after deleting the genrated form and one after pass though the STbyST at the last "other" section . 
DIAGNOSTIC -1065xdeleted1- DO NOT FILE - 2019 ABCDXY Distributors, LLC Form 1065 Partnerships Tax Return  -- Token 617851
DIAGNOSTIC-617862 - DO NOT FILE - 2019 Mara Distributors, LLC Form 1065 Partnerships Tax Return+AmendFiles  -- Token 617862 
Hope you can find the files and the bug

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies