Can I amend my 2051 return to claim my Medicare premiums that I forgot to claim last year

No
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Maybe you didn't forget them.  If you were receiving Social Security benefits, then the Medicare premiums flowed from your SSA1099 onto the medical expenses when you entered your Social Security income.  If you did not get SS last year, then you might want to amend 2015's return.  However, be aware there is a high threshold to meet before medical expenses change anything.

The amount of medical expenses that will count toward itemization for someone under 65 is the amount that is OVER 10% of your adjusted gross income; for someone 65 or older it would be the amount over 7.5% of your AGI.