turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can i amend my 2017 taxes on turbotax even if i had an accountant do them and not turbotax last year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can i amend my 2017 taxes on turbotax even if i had an accountant do them and not turbotax last year?

You can amend them using TurboTax but it is difficult since your return was not originally prepared using TurboTax. Why not have the accountant do it?

You would need to buy and download the 2017 TurboTax product and install it on your computer. You would then have to prepare a tax return to match exactly the tax return that you originally filed. After you have completed it and verified that it matches the filed return exactly, you can then begin to amend it. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can amend them using TurboTax but it is difficult since your return was not originally prepared using TurboTax. Why not have the accountant do it?

You would need to buy and download the 2017 TurboTax product and install it on your computer. You would then have to prepare a tax return to match exactly the tax return that you originally filed. After you have completed it and verified that it matches the filed return exactly, you can then begin to amend it. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies