Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can anyone tell me why if I filed my taxes in February and accepted by the IRS for $600 return put in all my banking information it still says accepted by the IRS

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Can anyone tell me why if I filed my taxes in February and accepted by the IRS for $600 return put in all my banking information it still says accepted by the IRS

Yes, the IRS can explain what is going on with your return.  Other people can provide their thoughts, but only the IRS really knows what is holding things up.  The Get Human site has good directions for getting a live person.

IRS Phone Number | Call Now & Skip the Wait (gethuman.com)

Misread question. 

Accepted only mean the IRS Accepted it for processing not that it is Approved.  Approved is the last step.  Many returns from February are still being processed.    Did you have an amount on 1040 line 30?  The IRS is reviewing all returns with line 30.  Did you already get the 1st and 2nd Stimulus checks?  $600 sounds like the 2nd one.  

A common problem this year is if you claimed the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payment or got the second one after you filed or reported the wrong amounts or entered the wrong amounts in the 2 boxes. If you entered the total you got for both rounds in the same box it would think you didn't get the other one. The IRS knows how much they already sent you. You might have tried to claim it again on line 30.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies