turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CA FTB 7275 States my Schedule CA is incorrect for 2017 returns and requesting 15K in taxes. How can I verify?

I got an FTB 7275 through the mail with new computed income and tax liability of around 15K. I filed all my taxes through TurboTax, How can I verify or contest this?

Actual Message:

"A review of your return indicates that your Schedule CA is incorrect.

Schedule CA is used only to report adjustments to federal adjusted gross income(AGI) when that income is taxed differently for state and federal purposes. The difference in taxation must arise from differences between state and federal tax law, not from the source of income.

Residents of California are taxed on their income from all sources.

We consider you to be a resident of this state during the taxable year and, as such, you are taxable on income from all sources."

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

CA FTB 7275 States my Schedule CA is incorrect for 2017 returns and requesting 15K in taxes. How can I verify?

You can have an expert review your return for you, or contact an agent for help on this issue.  How do I connect with a tax expert in TurboTax Live?

Turbo Tax Live

This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent.

Contact an agent

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
animeknight
Returning Member

Were you able to resolve this?  I just got the same notice as well.  However to me, when filing with Turbo Tax, I never mess with State tax returns.. everything is imported from the federal tax portion.  I am trying to figure out if this is software issue by turbo tax.  The crappy part for Intuit is that on their website they said since it's 2017.. they won't provide any help! If they stand behind their product they should support it as long as the tax was done through their software!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies