turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kiera1989

Both my federal and state tax returns were accepted April 12th 2019 and I have recieved neither in my bank account. When can I expect them to be deposited?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Both my federal and state tax returns were accepted April 12th 2019 and I have recieved neither in my bank account. When can I expect them to be deposited?

Accepted does not mean Approved, which is a later step. See answer below.
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

For your federal refund, if it was accepted  less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval. 

For the most up to date information on your refund, you can track your federal refund here: Where's My Refund? which provides your current status and a specific, personalized date for your tax refund once it is available.  You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

Here is the general timeline of e-filed returns:

Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

When will I get my IRS tax refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288568

For your state refund, each state processes differently and at different times so the time frame can vary. Also, keep in mind some tax returns need extra review for accuracy, completeness and to protect taxpayers from fraud and identity theft. Extra processing time may be necessary. 

·         How do I track my state refund?

If you're concerned, please contact your state department of revenue -

How do I contact my state Department of Revenue? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302452

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies