turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Asap direct deposit. Scheduled for the 22nd was wondering if I could get my refund early?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EdwardLO

Asap direct deposit. Scheduled for the 22nd was wondering if I could get my refund early?

Turbotax does not have control over when your refund is released. The IRS generally will not release refunds any earlier than the date given. They ask that you allow up to 5 days after the deposit date for the funds to appear in your bank.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
EdwardLO

Turbotax does not have control over when your refund is released. The IRS generally will not release refunds any earlier than the date given. They ask that you allow up to 5 days after the deposit date for the funds to appear in your bank.

Mayala885

Whats going on with my taxes refund

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return. The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. To find out where your refund is, first check your e-file status. If it's been processed and accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site.  You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status. The IRS will issue your refund when your return is approved.

If it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted,  You will need to contact the IRS  at 1-800-829-1040 and follow the prompts for a live representative. The person that you speak with will have direct access to your tax return and be able to provide you with a status update. 

When you call, make sure you have the following information:

• tax year
  • social security number
  • filing status
  • exact refund amount
  • When calling the IRS do NOT choose Option 1. 
  • Choose Option 2 after you choose the language. 

• Then Press 1  
  • Then Press 4 
  • Then Press 2, it will then transfer you to an agent. 

Please click When will I get my IRS tax refund? to learn more.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies