turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I had my state taxes taken out of my federal return , why is it that my state return came out of my account today as if i been taxed twice.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I had my state taxes taken out of my federal return , why is it that my state return came out of my account today as if i been taxed twice.

As stated above, you can never have state taxes due paid from a Federal refund.  They are two separate agencies that do not pay the other.  You have not paid twice for your state taxes owed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

State taxes taken out of your federal return is not an option. You will NOT end up paying twice
Ashley2

I had the same ting happen.  I chose the turbo tax option to have turbotax give part of my federal return to my state.  Then state I had set up to auto debit my account so it also came out of my account.  I am not sure how to fix this.

@Ashley as stated in the comment above & in the answer below there is no way to set up having a federal refund pay (or even part of ) for state taxes owed.  I am not sure what you selected but it was not for paying state taxes owed.

As stated above, you can never have state taxes due paid from a Federal refund.  They are two separate agencies that do not pay the other.  You have not paid twice for your state taxes owed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies