Solved: As a full time student why do I not get all of my federal taxes back

As a full time student why do I not get all of my federal taxes back

There is no tax law or benefit that states that you get all of your taxes that were withheld because you were a full-time student.

Instead, your refund or balance due is determined by your income, filing status, and deductions compared with the tax withholdings.  This is the same for everyone, whether or not they are a student.  If you are being claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return, then your tax return will also be affected by that.