turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anyone else receive a letter from the IRS because Turbo Tax messed up their state returns?? I spoke to IRS and they said Turbo Tax had a "Glitch" which is now costing me.

I live in Oregon and filed in January of 2018. Apparently Turbo Tax messed something up in box 14 and now I am unable to even get an actual rep on the phone without paying for the advanced version. What a scam.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Anyone else receive a letter from the IRS because Turbo Tax messed up their state returns?? I spoke to IRS and they said Turbo Tax had a "Glitch" which is now costing me.

The IRS does not handle state tax returns, only federal tax returns.

Was the letter you received from the state of Oregon?

Was the problem like what is described in this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/oregon-schedule-or-a-amend-instructions/01/27588

Ugh. Yes. That was exactly it. And correction/ it was from the Department of Revenue. I never received anything from Turbo Tax letting me know the error they made, therefore was unable to amend my return. (I filed in January & received it in March.) So basically, now I am just out the 500$. 

If you are owed a tax refund an amended return can be filed at any time for up to three years from the due date of the tax return.  If taxes were owed and paid then there would be nothing more for you to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TT enters nothing in box 14  of w-2 only you.  so if there's an error, you made it. for that matter TT enters info only after you input it.  what it does is calculations based on your entries.

sure it was 2018, because that would be for a 2017 return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies