changelives2

Amending to add a state to 2016 tax on a Mac

Hi, 

I filed my 2016 taxes on TT but now need to add a state (I know I am very late).  I use a MAC and when I fill out the form for MAC software, it only offers me 2015. 2104 or 2103.  How do get 2016?

Thanks

We are aware that the process to get a Mac version for amending is not updated yet, and have forwarded that concern to the Moderators of the forum.

To get the full Mac version you will need to contact support directly.

As stated, you don't really need to amend, you need to add a state to your existing return.  But you still need the Mac program from customer support.  You may have to pay a fee to download the state module to your computer even though customer support should provide the federal program for free (assuming you already paid once for Turbotax online).

You do not amend a return to add a state ... you will need to download the 2016 program & the .tax2016 file to add the missing state return.

If you used a paid Online version of the 2016 program then contact TT support for assistance in this matter ...

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>
changelives2

Thanks!