catch46

Amend on same day

I amended my return on the same day, that I submitted my return; April 4. The original amount had changed from $480.00 to $501.00. Will this delay my refund?
Because, I was told that it takes about 24 to 48 hours, for the original return to be sent to the Internal Revenue Service. Also when I printed out my return, it said that I will be getting $501.00, can you help me?

Thanks,
[removed]

Shayna

Amend on same day

The original refund will come on the original schedule.  What ever changes were made since the amendment can take up 16 weeks to be reflected.

Amend on same day

Did you print, sign and mail your amended return?
catch46

Amend on same day

No

Amend on same day

Uhoh.  Then you did not actually amend at all.  See below.  AND  you actually attached your tax returns and posted them to this public website.  I removed them for your protection.  Please do not ever post personal information here on the public user forum.
catch46

Amend on same day

What does this mean?
catch46

Amend on same day

Okay, thanks.
catch46

Amend on same day

Is there any way that I can call you guys?

Amend on same day

Phone support is not provided with the Free Edition that you are posting from. I have provided instructions for how you need to go about amending your return. You would have to pay for phone support.  To call TurboTax customer support
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>
Shayna

Amend on same day

Amend on same day

If you need to enter additional information, delete something, or change something on the the tax return you already filed, you have to wait until your return has been fully processed, then you can prepare an amended return, called a 1040X.  You cannot e-file a 1040X.  It must be printed, signed and mailed to the IRS.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3061514-how-do-i-amend-a-2016-return-in-turbotax 

After you print, sign and mail your amended return—1040X— to the IRS wait about 3 weeks and then you can begin checking on it at the IRS website.  Be aware that it can take at least 3-4 months for an amended return to be fully processed (or sometimes even longer.)

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing