turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tayeke

I am trying to find proof I received my tax refund for my mortgage broker. I was able to print my order and my tax return, but the math isn't adding up.

Is there a way to print a detailed order receipt that shows my tax return amount minus my order deductions that matches deposits in my bank account?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
CailaL

I am trying to find proof I received my tax refund for my mortgage broker. I was able to print my order and my tax return, but the math isn't adding up.

If you still need help, I recommend reaching out for live support: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

Also, I'm attaching a screenshot showing where the Refund Processing Fee is displayed when checking out to file. 

tayeke

Wow TT! Way to change my better answer that I had to work to get to by doing exactly what you're saying! (SARCASM)
I went through support and they were not able to assist me as you have to go through a third party to see the deduction of that fee after the fact.
tayeke

After much diligence I found out where you can see the refund including deductions (TurboTax does not show you the $35 fee for just having this other company automatically deposit your refund). The Santa Barbara Tax Group actually does the banking transaction side of TurboTax. Go to www.taxpayer.sbtpg.com and verify your info in step 2 just as you would with the IRS site.
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I "think" that you can review the order details by using the link below.  Be sure that you're logged into your primary TurboTax account before clicking on the link.

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/orderstatus/orderhistory.jsp

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
tayeke

So that is close, but my issue is that my tax return total minus my order total doesn't actually add up to the amount that was deposited into my account so it still doesn't work as proof of deposit without something I seem to be missing.
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Would your bank statement provide the proof that your mortgage broker is requesting?  Most of the time the statement reads, "IRS Deposit" or something like that.  If you can access a copy of your bank statement and print it out, that should suffice.
The only other thing I can think of is if your direct deposted refund has a refund "offset".  The IRS has the authority to deduct from your refund any back taxes and other types of debt (such as child support).  Typically, if a taxpayer's refund is decreased due to an offset, the IRS mails the taxpayer a letter of explanation within a couple of weeks after the refund has been direct deposited.  See additional info below.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4143297">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4143297</a>
*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies